The City of Edinburg presents the “Hometown of Heroes” Half-Marathon! The race features a flat, fast course through some of the city’s featured destinations, including HEB Park, Municipal Park, Jackson Road Hike n’ Bike Trail, UTRGV, McIntyre Promenade, and more.
The health and safety of all participants and the community is the City’s top priority.
All runners MUST strictly follow these guidelines:
- Race registration will be online only. No in-person (paper) registration.
- Packet pickup will run from March 8th through March 13th to limit crowds gathering.
- No race-day packet pickup! No exceptions!
- Runners must park in specifically designated parking areas. These areas are shown in packet maps.
- Runners must warm-up individually and must not congregate with others.
- Face masks MUST be worn at all times except while running during the race.
- Runners must indicate anticipated average mile per minute and will be assigned a start time accordingly.
- Runners should report to start line no earlier than 15 minutes prior to assigned start time.
- Run starts will be staggered for each runner. All runners will be chip-timed with one runner beginning approximately every 10-15 seconds.
- For the safety of others, spectators are not permitted at the start/finish line area. Spectators will be allowed throughout the course but must be properly distanced from each other and runners.
- Runners must keep an appropriate distance from other runners to the maximum extent possible. Runners may not run in groups and passing other runners must be done quickly. Physical distancing will be monitored and enforced during the race.
- No cups will be provided to runners. Unattended water stations will be available; however, it is strongly suggested that each runner provide their own hydration.
- There will be no awards ceremony or finish line events. Runners will be asked to depart the finish area promptly after collecting a finisher medal.
- Refunds will not be available in event of race cancellation; however, deferral to future running event will be honored.
- Sanitizer will be available for runners at unattended stations. Runners should use sanitizer as often as possible.
07:00 AM - Half Marathon and Relay
Staggered start based on mile pace
Half Marathon is $50. (Includes chip-timing, face mask (gaiter), technical t-shirt, and finisher medal)
2-Person Relay option also available.
All participants will receive a finisher medal.
There are no age group awards.
Packet pickup will be extended beginning March 8th through March 13th to limit crowds gathering.
Packet must be picked up by runner or with copy of email confirmation and participant ID.
Packet pickup is located at the City of Edinburg Parks and Recreation Department at 315 E. Palm Drive, Edinburg, Texas 78539. (315 E. Mark S. Pena Dr.)
Packet Pick-up hours: 9am - 5pm March 8th through March 11th.
10am – 2pm March 12th
Online registration only.
- Start / Finish line will be located at City of Edinburg Parks and Recreation Department at 315 E. Palm Drive, Edinburg, Texas 78539. (315 E. Mark S. Pena Dr.)
- All Participants shall acknowledge the risks associated with this event including possible exposure to COVID-19, traffic accidents, and related health dangers.
- Race will be limited to 600 total participants; including 2-person relay teams.
- All finishers will receive a race medal. No age group awards.
Race management provided by The City of Edinburg. Please contact (956) 381-5631 for questions.